Wardie’s Parent Staff Association (PSA) organises fun events for pupils, parents and staff to enjoy together, helping to build Wardie’s sense of community. These events also raise funds towards enhancing the school. Regular events include:
- Monthly bake sales
- Beetle Drive
- Christmas Activity Morning
- Family Ceilidh
- Easter Egg Hunt
- May Fair / Summer Fair
- Pre-loved uniform sales
In the last financial year, the PSA raised over £10,000. The 2016 Summer Fair alone brought in a whopping £5830! In recent years, the PSA has helped to fund:
- 20 new iPads for school classrooms
- Sunshine Room Refurbishment
- Hopscotch Theatre ‘CyberBuddy’ performance
- Playground picnic benches
- Reading Riot resources
- Lego Challenge participation
- New loose parts play storage
- Sports and playground equipment
- Singing playground project
- Smart boards in all classrooms
Who we are and getting in touch
All parents, carers and staff at Wardie are automatically members of the PSA and are welcome to attend our meetings. The current office bearers are:
Chair: Ida Maspero
Vice-Chair: Pamela Grant
Committee members: Louise Ferguson, Aileen Mowat, Heather McPhie and Amanda Singleton
In addition there are working groups for the various activities and events.
To get in touch, email the committee or drop a note in to the school office.
How you can help
The PSA relies entirely on volunteers to run all events. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Register with EasyFundraising to raise money for the PSA every time you shop online. Here’s how it works.
- Come along to one of our monthly meetings, held in the school library – find the next date here.
- Offer to help at the next event. See forthcoming event dates here.
- Sign up for our regular e-newsletter at www.bit.ly/wardieparents and view the archive of past e-newsletters .
- Get in touch with your ideas and suggestions. Send us an email.