The sun came out and grey skies turned blue for Wardie Primary’s Summer Fair on Saturday 4 June. Formerly known as the May Fair, it’s traditionally the biggest social gathering on the Parent Staff Association (PSA) calendar and our main fundraiser: we’re very pleased to announce that it produced a record-breaking £5,830 profit!
This year’s Fair was bigger and better than ever. It ran for an hour longer than before, from 12pm to 3pm, and featured a number of new attractions including pony rides and a tasty BBQ provided by FoodLovers’ Market. Both proved extremely popular, as did the small selection of trade stalls – another new addition.
All the usual favourite stalls and games were there too – home baking, books and toys, tombola, water or wine, tuck shop, ice cream, fire engine and police car, bike and scooter sale, beat the goalie, inflatables, face and nail painting and much more…
The atmosphere out on the school field was superb as families relaxed in the warm sunshine and enjoyed performances by Davidsons Mains Pipe Band and some of Wardie’s talented young musicians. The outside stage was also the setting for drawing the ever-popular raffle, which this year featured some fantastic prizes.
It’s safe to say that everyone had a brilliant day – thank you for coming! And what’s more, all that generous spending is for a great cause: the PSA puts every penny raised towards enhancing our school and our children’s experiences.
A big thank you to…
- The 70-plus parents and carers who volunteered to help – the day would not have been possible without you!
- Everyone who donated and baked
- All the businesses who donated raffle prizes
- Daddy Daycare for providing face painting free of charge
- Wardie parents Stuart and Fiona Pitt for providing the candyfloss and chocolate fountain free of charge
- The PSA working group who organised the day – Louise Ferguson, Amanda Singleton, Aileen Mowat, Ida Maspero, Orlagh Shiels, Helen Sharpe and in particular Pamela Grant, who led the group.
Any ideas and suggestions for next year?
We would love to hear your feedback about the day, and any ideas or suggestions you might have for next year. Please email the PSA.