Our choir recently sang in the Edinburgh Competition Festival at St Cuthbert’s Church, Lothian Road.
We started learning the pieces for our performance at our early morning rehearsals in January and we have been working very hard to make sure we knew the words from memory.
There were 7 choirs performing at the festival and we were the fourth choir to sing. Our pieces were ‘The Whale’ by Carolyn Jennings and ‘Play a Simple Melody’ by Irving Berlin.
It was very exciting to hear other choirs sing and we were pleased so many Wardie supporters came to watch us.
We received some very helpful feedback from the adjudicator, Frikki Walker, which we can use to improve our choir further.
These are our stars:
- Essentially a lovely sound
- The sung parts of the Whale were prettily sung
- …a clear ringing tone began to come through
And our wishes:
- Clarity of the words could be improved
- Simple repertoire to show the choir’s strengths
- In a very short space of time we have achieved a very good standard and we are going to keep practising so we can improve our singing further.